2013 Sea Gull Century
Date(s) - 10/04/2013 - 10/06/2013
ALL FOR A GOOD CAUSE
- Alzheimer’s Association: Raise funds vital to the association’s mission and provide hope to over 5 million Americans living with Alzheimer’s Disease. Train and ride the Sea Gull Century with Alz Stars, where every mile is fueled by hope. For information call 410-543-1163 or e-mail Damian.Magarelli@alz.org.
- American Institute for Cancer Research: Sign up with TeamAICR to help fund research linking diet, exercise, and weight management to cancer prevention! For more information visit our event page or email our events coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Habitat for Humanity: Over the years, Sea Gull Century riders have contributed more than $120,000 to build Habitat for Humanity houses in Wicomico County. Thank you for your gifts that helped make the American dream of homeownership possible.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training: The Sea Gull Century is an official destination of the Team in Training Program. If you have an interest in this program call 1-800-482-TEAM or visit www.teamintraining.org for more information.
- Salisbury University Scholarship Fund: A portion of proceeds over and above Century ride expenses go toward the Sea Gull Century Scholarship Fund at SU. Last year our Century riders donated an additional $3,150. The committee awarded six scholarships in 2011. See your registration form to make a donation.
- Local Non-Profits: Each year, Sea Gull Century proceeds benefit dozens of non-profit organizations. A sample of organizations receiving contributions last year include the Learn with SU lifelong learning program, Green Earth Book Award, Healthy U of Delmarva, Ocean City Lioness Club, Powellville Fire Department Ladies’ Auxiliary, Helping Hands of Beaver Dam and the League of American Bicyclists. The Century also provided funding for SU campus enhancements and student organizations, such as Relay For Life. Donations totaled some $75,000.
- Women Supporting Women is a not for profit organization and their mission is: To provide awareness, education and support to all those who are affected by breast cancer. www.womensupportingwomen.org. All riders will receive a Pink Cycling Jersey. For more information contact Carlos Mir at 410 546-7880 or email@example.com
Start and Finish Information:
- The ride starts and finishes on the east side of campus near the corner of Bateman and Wayne streets.
- “Show-and-Go” start.
- You do not have to check-in.
- Start between 7-9 a.m.
- Return by 6 p.m. when route services end.
- After 6 p.m., please dismount and walk your bike through the tunnel to main campus.
Bookings are closed for this event.